This Infusionsoft process is a little tricky, involving a total of three separate services:
- InfusionSoft – Webforms, follow up, and CRM.
- Stealth Seminar – Integrates with the Infusionsoft API to run specific action sets.
- InfusionMachines – Integrates with the Infusionsoft API to send text messages.
Our client wanted a text message to be sent as a reminder, 5 minutes before a daily webinar started. InfusionMachines is supposed to be able to send a text message at a specific time, such as 7:55PM EST, but we were never able to get that feature to work correctly. The only thing we could get InfusionMachines to do was send a text message immediately when an HTTP post was made.
To work around this problem, we used Stealth Seminar’s ability to run an InfusionSoft action set, 5 minutes before the webinar started. The action set makes an HTTP post to InfusionMachines to send a text message immediately.
- Upon logging into the webinar, Stealth Seminar triggers an action set that adds the contact to a “webinar replay follow” up sequence. It seems a little early to add contacts to a reply follow up before the webinar even starts, but this was our only real oppertunity to run the action.
- Later in the webinar, Stealth Seminar displays a call to action and runs an InfusionSoft action set that removes the contact from the “webinar replay follow up”, and adds them to the “completed webinar but didn’t purchase” follow up.
- If the customer purchases the product, or if they come back to purchase the product later, Infusionsoft purchase actions pause the “completed webinar but didn’t purchase” follow up sequence.
A basic flow chart of this process can be seen below. Click here to see a higher resolution version of this flow chart.