We want you to know more about our wonderful people (the lifeblood of our business), so we’re continuing an Employee Spotlight series to share a more personal side of LongerDays!
We asked a series of questions and decided to share the best answers for all the world to see.
Today’s Employee Spotlight is Chuck Carpenter!
1. What is your name?
2. What is your job title?
Team Lead, Virtual Business Specialist, Fulfillment Service Specialist
3. How long have you worked for LongerDays?
A long time… I think for almost 8 years.
4. Hometown? Where do you live now?
I was born in Muskegon, and I still live here!
5. Inhabitants at your residence (this includes pets, oh and any family members or roommates!)
6. What is one piece of advice you have for someone who is just starting at LongerDays?
Google is your new best friend. Use it, and use it often.
7. Before working at LongerDays, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I was a gravedigger/groundskeeper at St. Mary’s Cemetery in Muskegon.
8. Tell us about your background before joining LongerDays.
I went to college at Northern Michigan University, and I love (and sort of miss) the UP. I have a degree in city planning, but don’t plan on using it. I used to build trophies and awards for a living at a trophy shop called Quick Trophy in Marquette. Then I moved to Evanston, IL for a few years, and continued my career in building trophies, plaques, and awards. I moved back to Muskegon about 10 years ago, and am so glad I did!
9. What is one thing you learned during your first month (or year) at LongerDays?
I learned way more about gymnastics and related equipment than I ever thought I would!
10. Share your favorite memory of working at LongerDays.
My favorite memory at LongerDays was technically not during work hours but at a Christmas party. I got the (liquid) courage to get up on stage, and I was going to thank the American Gymnast team for all their help during the holidays. I ended up singing a song about AG. I’m pretty sure there is a short video clip out there somewhere…
11. What are you currently binge-watching?
Archer. A bunch of people here told me I would like it, and they were right!
12. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“You might be holding the last light I see before the dark finally gets a hold of me”
I’m not really sure if it’s a quote since it’s from a song, but it always stuck out to me as a beautiful lyric from an amazing piece of music.
I recommend anything from Jason Molina.
13. What do you do when you’re not at work?
I like woodworking and making stuff. I also play video games from time to time.
14. What is your go-to podcast or playlist or video etc. that gets you through the day? How does this help with your work productivity?
My favorite podcast is probably Stop Podcasting Yourself. The show is two comedians from Canada who just kind of talk about stuff, and they usually have a guest on their show. It’s funny! It gives me some chuckles and comes out on Mondays, so it helps makes Mondays not so terrible! ☺
15. If you could sing one song on The Voice (Or American Idol or whatever you like), what would it be? Why?
Alice’s Restaurant by Arlo Guthrie because I would get more screen time than the other contestants.