LD Staff Writer
We want you to know more about our wonderful people (the lifeblood of our business), so we’re continuing an Employee Spotlight series to share the more personal side of LongerDays!
We asked a series of questions and decided to share the best answers for all the world to see.
Today’s Employee Spotlight is Amy Light!
1. What is your name?
2. What is your job title?
3. How long have you worked for LongerDays?
4. Hometown? Where do you live now? Inhabitants at your residence (this includes pets, oh and any family members or roommates!)
From Muskegon, currently living in Grand Rapids with Zoey, my 15-year-old Yorkie.
5. What is one piece of advice you have for someone who is just starting at LongerDays?
Get ready to work with some of the most fun and talented people you’ll ever meet.
6. What’s your favorite part about your job?
I love learning, and we have endless opportunities to learn new skills.
7. Before working at LongerDays, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
Ummm… I am pretty boring, so nothing unusual or interesting before LD.
8. What is the best advice you can give your clients to get the best out of their experience with LongerDays?
We can do lots of different stuff! If you’re wondering if we can help with something, just check with your Team Lead – chances are, we can take it off your plate
9. What’s one thing you wish people knew about your job?
How incredibly talented the team at LongerDays is.
10. How would you describe LongerDays in 4 words?
Dynamic, engaging, versatile, accessible.
11. What is your favorite thing to do in Muskegon?
Any and everything outdoors.
12. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I am a skydiver.
13. What is one of your favorite quotes?
“Non nobis solum nati sumus.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
English translation: “Not unto ourselves alone are we born.”
14. What is an ability you wish you had?
I wish I could sing. I mean… I sing in the shower all the time, but I am tone deaf.
15. What are you currently binge-watching?
What am I NOT currently binge watching?
Outdoorsy stuff, Food, Reading, Activism