LD Staff Writer
We want you to know more about our wonderful people (the lifeblood of our business), so we’re continuing an Employee Spotlight series to share the more personal side of LongerDays!
We asked a series of questions and decided to share the best answers for all the world to see.
Today’s Employee Spotlight is Brittney Previe!
1. What is your name?
2. What is your job title?
Virtual Assistant and Team Lead
3. How long have you worked for LongerDays?
4. Hometown? Where do you live now?
Hometown is Chicago, IL but I’m a Muskegon girl now.
5. Inhabitants at your residence (this includes pets, oh and any family members or roommates!)
I live with my husband Jeremy, daughter Khylee, and 2 kitty fur babies (for now… number 3 is coming soon) Story Rose and Fable Marie.
6. What is one piece of advice you have for someone who is just starting at LongerDays?
Take your time and don’t expect to be able to do it all right away. LongerDays thrives on patience. Each client is a little different, and those little particulars make our jobs what they are. We’d rather you take your time to learn, asking all the questions and doing it right, than hurry through and do it wrong.
7. What’s your favorite part about your job?
I love that I get to work remotely. That helps so much with the current climate that is life. Although, the greatest asset to Longer Days is our team. Everyone is willing to help each other out, and be realistic about the process. Together, we just mesh. The personalities that fit together make this job that much easier to do, especially with the constant learning curve that comes along with the territory.
8. Before working at LongerDays, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
It has to be my years in the education field. Working as a Reading Specialist will always have a special place in my heart, as it really is a love, although it’s not without its interesting aspects. There is a politics to teaching that isn’t truly understood until one is in the field. Beyond that, though, the kids. I have have wiped noses while singing the ABCs, taught reading via the script to Aladdin, and compared Frankenstein to Beauty and the Beast… Never a dull moment.
9. What is the best advice you can give your clients to get the best out of their experience with LongerDays?
Please be clear and patient with us. We are “virtually” stepping in as an employee of your business without prior knowledge of the field. Knowing exactly what you need and allowing us to learn the systems will help us to be successful for you. That’s what we both want: to serve your business well and to help you grow.
10. What’s one thing you wish people knew about your job?
Multitasking even while sitting down can still makes you tired. Ok, maybe that’s just for my family to know.
11. How would you describe LongerDays in 4 words?
Professional multitasking tech-savvy goofballs.
12. What is your favorite thing to do in Muskegon?
Beach, beach, and more beach!
13. What would you like to be famous for?
If I had unlimited time, reading the most books in a year. Currently, probably one of the largest home libraries in Muskegon… 2,000 books!
14. What’s your favorite blog? Do you have your own blog? What do you blog about? Make sure you include a link!
I have my own blog. It needs some work still… It’s a travel, Disney, and lifestyle blog – all the things that fit me! www.carryonbritt.com
15. What do you do when you’re not at work? Are you active in any clubs and/or organizations? Please tell us about that involvement.
Travel and hiking around in nature. I love to go to new places and spend time in the great outdoors. It’s just freeing. Not camping though, I draw the line… I am also a Kids’ Ministry Director, so lots of community outreach, sermons, working with kids/families of various ages, managing people, and things going on there all the time.
16. What is the nerdiest thing you do in your free time?
Quilting and crocheting… Ok, crafting in general. It’s old lady-esqe, but I love it!
16. 4 likes and 4 dislikes
- Everything Disney
- Perfectly organized things
- New pens and stationary
- Surprise people – please no spontaneous show ups, jump out ats, or run up ons. I may die.
- Little messes everywhere
- Lack of schedule (I internally cannot)