LD Staff Writer
We want you to know more about our wonderful people (the lifeblood of our business), so we’re continuing an Employee Spotlight series to share the more personal side of LongerDays!
We asked a series of questions and decided to share the best answers for all the world to see.
Today’s Employee Spotlight is Alex Wibert!
1. What is your name?
Alexandria (Alex) Wibert
2. What is your job title?
3. How long have you worked for LongerDays?
My first day was October 19, 2020!
4. Hometown? Where do you live now?
I was born in Battle Creek but moved to Coldwater, MI around age 12. I currently live in Kalamazoo and love it!
5. Inhabitants at your residence (this includes pets, oh and any family members or roommates!)
My household inhabitants include my husband, Rick, my two kiddos, an 11-year-old boy and an 8-year-old girl, one grumpy 3-year-old cat, and two wild 6-month-old kittens (named Janeway and Picard for my favorite Star Trek captains).
6. What is one piece of advice you have for someone who is just starting at LongerDays?
Be prepared to quickly switch between tasks as the need to evaluate and re-prioritize work arises.
7. What’s your favorite part about your job?
I love working with such an amazing group of talented, compassionate, intelligent people!
8. Before working at LongerDays, what was the most unusual or interesting job you’ve ever had?
I used to work as a flight attendant! It was definitely an interesting experience.
9. What’s one thing you wish people knew about your job?
My job is incredibly multi-faceted with tons of variety and is different every single day.
10. Share your favorite memory of working at LongerDays.
I truly enjoyed working with Emmy on a social justice project recently. This required brainstorming, collaboration, and coordination of resources, as well as some last-minute changes. On the day of the event, we were so fired up and in sync with each other and the event itself. It was awesome!
11. What are your Top Three life highlights so far?
Birthing my children, flying an airplane, graduating with a master’s degree, and my wedding day (Yeah, I chose 4, but I can’t leave any of these off)!
12. What would you like to be famous for?
I don’t necessarily want to be famous at all, but I would love to be known for traveling the world and having visited nearly all of the continents.
13. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I sucked my thumb until I was 12 and had a favorite blankie that mysteriously disappeared when I came home from college for the summer. Still mad at mom for that 😉
14. In the zombie apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
A sweet indestructible SUV with bullet/zombie-proof glass, a snorkel for underwater adventures, etc. – stocked with water, food, and necessary supplies.
15. What are you currently binge-watching?
The Good Place and The Crown, both on Netflix.
16. 4 likes and 4 dislikes
1. My kids (most of the time, LOL)
2. Sushi, or any opportunity to try a new food/cuisine
3. Lavender (scent and color)
4. Reading multiple books at a time (not necessarily in the same sitting, just more than one in the same week/month)
2. Running out of something, i.e. butter, time, or colorful dry erase markers
3. Dusting! (Like, I hate it with a passion!)
4. Disharmony, war, strife (I am a peacemaker and ambassador of goodwill by nature.)